Zebrafish three-dimensional tracking system
ZebraLab 3D is a system made for automatically score animal behavior in 3 Dimensional space.
Our technology offers live and/or video-based automated scoring of a large number of movement parameters for different animal species such as fish or insects.
ZebraLab 3D is an extension of ZebraLab and is compatible with all your existing ViewPoint setup.
One step data acquisition :
Unlike any other 3D tracking system, ZebraLab 3D is able to process live and instantly the movement trajectory of free swimming fish in tanks or flying insects.
During the experiment, two video cameras, placed at the top and on the side of the tank, analyze the movement of the subject instantaneously. This setup allows getting the best possible 3D rendering. Unlike other systems using stereo-view requiring several steps to analyze the animal’s behavior (1- get a recording, 2- import to statistical software 3- analyze the recorded videos 4-Export data). ZebraLab 3D will provide all the data in one step.
Real 3D movement :
Thanks to the side and top view setup, the ZebraLab 3D system offers a much more accurate scoring of fish swimming activity, getting rid of any systematic error or blind spot, especially when the animal dives towards the bottom of the tank or moves towards the walls.
3D Visualization :
ZebraLab creates 3D visualizations and statistics of the swimming path of the fish instantly.
You can display and export the animal’s movements in a 3D visualization as a picture or as a video. Watch it from any angle, zoom it and even replay it step by step. ZebraLab 3D can help you bring alive your talks or presentations.
High Flexibility :
ZebraLab 3D is a cross-species usable system, it can be used to analyze fish, insects and other animals.
This system is frame-free, therefore you can adapt it to any type of tank, cage or maze.
Every system is provided with its own infrared LED arrays, providing the best contrast for your test and error-free detection.
Various scoring for 3D analysis provided by ZebraLab 3D :
- Time spent in different areas of the tank
- Entry count in different areas of the tank
- Animal’s position in the tank and trajectory
- Total distance traveled in the 3D space
- Automatic behavior differentiation (Freezing, Ambulatory, Burst)
- Time spent in different behavioral states
- Transition count between each behavioral states
- Horizontal distance moved (towards the walls)
- Vertical distance moved (diving)
- Path angle of the subject in vertical and horizontal plane
- Direction changes
- Replay of the raw data for different protocol approaches